The Role of The Governing Body at Cruddas Park Early Years Centre
The Governing Body at Cruddas Park Early Years Centre Cruddas Park Early Years Centre is a Local Authority maintained nursery school. Our Governing Body works closely with the Head Teacher and staff team in all aspects of nursery life, supporting the overall education and development of the children who attend.
In order to carry out their roles and responsibilities, Governors are involved in regular visits to the school and attend training to support and enhance their role. They have three full Governing Body meetings a year, one per term, and there are additional Curriculum, Finance and Staffing Committee Meetings throughout the year.
Governors’ roles and responsibilities include:
- planning the future strategic direction of the school;
- monitoring and evaluating the progress of the school against these plans, including the annual School Improvement Plan, the Strategic Plan for the long term development of the school and overseeing the development, revision and implementation of all policies on every aspects of the school’s work;
- setting the annual and three year budgets and monitoring expenditure against the budget on a regular basis;
- supporting and challenging the school staff team;
- ensuring that the performance of teachers, early years practitioners, support staff and of the Head teacher is managed and reviewed in accordance with current regulations and school’s Appraisal Policy;
- being accountable to Parents/Carers, the Local Authority, the Department for Education and others for the school’s performance;
- ensuring all statutory duties are carried out.